Easy black and white styles can take you everywhere – from your most casual lunch with a co-worker, to a special night out on the town with a loved one – in a pinch! Dare to pair these posh jackets with a bright hue for a chic, Spring look – or back to black and white for a monochromatic look that is sure to allure!
Find this outfit: Ming Wang M5631A Black/White Jacket (available at Nordstrom and Dillard’s locations), Wrap Dress, Clutch, Necklace, Earrings, Pumps.
Find this outfit: Ming Wang M5632A Black/White Jacket (available at Nordstrom, and in Missy and Women’s at Von Maur; also available in Dillard’s locations), Silk Blouse, Black Jeans, Bag, Necklace, Sunglasses.
Find this outfit: Ming Wang M5634A Black/White Jacket (available at Von Maur and Dillard’s locations), Shell, Wide Leg Pants, Bag, Pearl Necklace, Watch, Patent Flats.
For years we have been told never to wear white after Labor Day, but guess what? Rules were made to be broken, especially in the world of fashion! It is now not only acceptable, but encouraged to wear white in the winter. White during the cooler months looks sophisticated and chic. It is a very versatile color that goes back to everything! But how do you transition what is normally thought of as a summer color into winter?
- · Avoid wearing summery footwear such as strappy sandals and flip flops. Instead opt for winter appropriate shoes such as boots.
- · Be cautious of the fabrics you choose to wear. Avoid linens and gauzes. Steer clear of breezy light summer fabrics.
- · If you’re wearing white denim, look for tops that are heavier in fabrication such as sweaters. Also look for brocades, tweeds and tartans.
Different Looks to Try:
While there are endless ways to incorporate white into your winter wardrobe, here are some of the easiest outfits to attempt.
· Wear it Back to Neutrals – Wearing neutral shades such as gray, black, and brown, gives a very clean more tone-downed look to the brightness of your white garment.
· Black and White – This is a classic color combination that anyone can pull off! Pay homage to the 60’s Mod era, and add in graphic, geometric prints for an edgier look.
· Monochromatic – Monochromatic outfits have been very popular this season. Mix and match various tones of the color white. From pearl to champagne, wearing all white makes a bold statement. Find some fun textures like a fuzzy cardigan or cabled sweater to add dimension to your outfit. While this look may be a little more intimidating to attempt, it is beautiful and fresh looking when done right.
· Patterns – Next time you wear a patterned piece, such as an animal print, try wearing it back to white instead of black. It will refresh your outfit.
Some may be hesitant to wear a white denim jeans or white tweed pants. Ease into this trend by investing in a white piece that is more “winter appropriate” such as a white trench coat or a white faux fur jacket. Fashion should not be feared, and while wearing white during these colder months may be intimidating, it’s worth trying to bring freshness to your overall look.
Let Ming Wang get you into the Fourth of July spirit with our deep Navy, breezy White and soft red Poppy tones. Get in the fashionable spirit at your July 4th grill-out in comfortable and holiday-appropriate styles while watching the big fireworks display.
Find this outfit: Ming Wang M5229A Poppy/White Jacket (available exclusively at Dillard’s), Sleeveless Shirt, Embroidered Skirt, Crossbody Bag, Earrings, Silver Sandals.
Find this outfit: Ming Wang M5238A Navy/White Jacket (available exclusively at Von Maur), Print Shirt, Red Capris, White Bag, Red/White/Blue Cuff, Sandals.
(Alternatively, you can pair this jacket with a plain, white tee!)
Find this outfit: Ming Wang MLD02 White Lined Dress (available exclusively at Von Maur and in Women’s sizes), Straw Hat, Sunglasses, Red Bag, Blue Belt, Necklace, Red Sandals.
You can find these styles exclusively on vonmaur.com and dillards.com
It’s time to throw out the rule book when it comes to fashion. Think you can’t wear white before Memorial Day? Think again. Spring is all about matching these bright, clean separates for a monochromatic look that is fresh and crisp.
Not ready for a full white-out? Make the transition with accents that make your look pop, like a jacket with contrasting black trim or a tunic with a splash of color. Whether you’re go head-to-toe or just one piece, this closet staple will certainly lighten up your wardrobe – and your mood!
Will you give this trend a try?
More Magazine is letting 3 lucky winners try out this white trend with a chance to win complete full outfits! For more information click here.